- Employee Bio has been updated to display start date rather than relative language around when they started in the past.
September 12, 2019
- A past Time-off request on the Time-off overview page will now link to the appropriate edit or view page.
- Global search should now ignore a wide range of additional function keys
September 9, 2019
- Upcoming Events within the Today view has been updated to include all types of events as well as the ability to view events within Today, 7 days, and 30 days.
- Time-off page has been updated to include all upcoming as well as all past Time-off requests that a user has ever made.
- Employee Review default filters have been updated to no longer contain “Not Started” filtering.
- Any in-progress Objectives present during an Employee Review will remain listed regardless of status once the Review has been signed off by both parties.
- Time-off Reports now includes a “total” per each segmented grouping of data.
- API signups now include better error messaging.
- Managing Company Holidays has now been condensed into a single cohesive layout for both Common Holidays and Custom Holidays.
- Employee Milestones and Birthdays were incorrectly displaying one day off within the Calendar.
- Search results now return additional Employee listing options for Managers.
- Date of Birth is no longer required to add an Employee.
- If a user does not have an avatar, it will now properly display their initials within the sidebar.
- Clicking the files link to an individual employee result within Search will now take you to their Files listing page.
- Time-off policies can no longer be created without providing a work schedule.
- A user can now request Time-off on a policy that is still within a waiting period.
- A recently added Employee’s information now remains editable until the invite has been accepted and account has been setup by the Employee.
August 15, 2019
- Better field validation for first and last name within a users Profile.
- Employee PTO requests that are currently denied will no longer automatically approve upon edit.
- Groups of information on an Employee’s profile now display an indication of optional if all associated fields within the group are not required.
- When sorting the Share pre-existing files listing by category, they now properly sort by category.
- Calendar events with longer titles and start times that started in double digits had difficulties displaying on a single line.
- When creating a PTO policy and adding an effective date, the calendar had previously partially displayed off-screen.
- All errors regarding submission of Billing information now properly notify the user of any issues regarding their info.
August 8, 2019
- Added new notifications when form validation errors are present within an accordion item.
- Validation rules on Profile have been relaxed to allow for more flexible info.
- Bank account info within a Profile now allow for commas.
- Employee notes now have an option to be shared with the Employee’s manager or be kept private.
- You can now edit the time-off waiting period on a pre-existing policy.
- Employees can now see their rate of accrual for a PTO policy that has a waiting period.
- Time-off reports now include a “total” tally for some report tables.
- When a manager-type is viewing an Employee’s review page, they no longer have the option to filter by “Not Started”.
- When sorting shared employees from a File detail page, if no employees are present for a certain sort, the options to continue sorting will remain visible.
- When signing off on a Review as a reviewer, if you provide Final thoughts, they will now properly save.
- While updating or creating onboarding tasks, they now have proper optional due date fields.
- Manager types can now properly replace a pre-existing File.
- You can now filter the Calendar to only show employees you are a manager of.
- Move and Remove links for an Employee’s PTO policy are now only visible for HR Managers and Account Owners.
- Time-off events spanning longer than a calendar month will now properly display the entire range of time within the Calendar.
August 1, 2019
- Quick-tip within search results about being able to search without typing into the search field itself.
- Color contrast of UI elements has been updated site wide
- When saving data within Custom data types within a user’s profile, the order in which the data was provided will save as well
- Manager-types can now deselect a manager from a Employee’s profile
- Social media links can now be successfully removed from a Employee’s profile
- Avatar can now be successfully deleted
- Only certain types of users now have the ability to remove a compensation item from an Employee’s profile
- Employee notes and note categories can now be successfully created and updated without errors
- Reviews can now be signed on a mobile device
- When manager-types are viewing an Employee’s Review’s listing page, they’ll no longer be presented with the ability to sort by “Not Started” as a status
July 24, 2019
- New Kin is finally live!
- This What’s New page. #Kinception
- HR Managers can now view both Account Owners as well as other HR Managers from the Manage Roles page
- Review categories now display for all employee Reviews listing pages
- Better redirection when editing employee objectives
- Task detail pages properly display longer titles on multiple lines
- Minor inconsistencies when running certain types of reports from the Time-off reports page
- Profile address fields now accept a wider range of character inputs
- Employee Time-off requests will now properly display the unit in which their associated PTO policy is configured as
- Manager-types can now have Reviews created for them regarding any employee
- Updated categories saved to notes will now properly save
July 18, 2019
- Page titles no longer overlap primary content. When visiting a page with a title once you are no longer at the top of the page, the title will auto hide
- While saving an onboarding page you can now preview it instantly
- Creating an Active Task now has support for an optional due date
- Manager types are no longer required to have an HR Manager assigned to them within their Profile
- An HR Manager can now sign off on their own Review
- Files listing pages now include a new sortable Category column
- When searching for employees while viewing another employee, the page should now properly navigate you to the search result
- Generating a time-off balances report now functions without the need for a start date
- Inital comments or questions on an Onboarding page are now properly saved and can be accessed by an Onboarding page itself
- Various minor UI improvements
July 11, 2019
- Any unsaved info added to a Review is remembered if a user is logged out due to inactivity or navigates away from the page
- Employee anniversary date is now visible in their Profile
- Employees can now access their Onboarding page at that time from the sidebar
- A new user’s email address can be updated prior to sending an invite to Kin
- Sorting by category within the Files directory will also sort based on numeric values
- Special characters can now be used within address files in a Profile
- Making edits now properly save on a PTO request that is pending
- Onboarding tasks prior to a new employee’s start date display the correct dates in the past
- When sharing a file with an employee, you can now properly choose a new category before sharing
June 27, 2019
- Filtering of list-type layouts is now remembered across sessions. No longer will these reset once you log out.
- Searching Kin can now be done by typing anywhere within the application.
- Our global action menu now includes both management and personal actions within one menu for all manager-type user accounts.
- Added clarifications regarding Custom Data Types and their visibility.
- Manager-types can now edit an employees email address prior to sending them an invite.
- When configuring a PTO policy we now properly denote “max number of days/hours allowed” based on the unit in which your policy is configured to use.
- Time-off Reports now proplerly filters based on a date range.
- Calendar subscriptions for iCal, Google, etc. now properly filter based on your search.
- Fixed an issue when selecting employees to share a pre-existing file.
- When a manager is entering Time-off on behalf of an employee, it will not longer display a pop-up for manager approval.
June 20, 2019
- Objectives now have a new cohesive page to manage directly as well as provide any updates within the same page
- Objectives listing page includes a status column
- Active Tasks listing page contains new Status filter menu rather than a tabbed navigation
- Employee Reviews listing page contains new Status filter menu rather than a tabbed navigation
- All page filter menus now have a visual indication of applied default filters
- Page filter menus will also auto-hide once a user is no longer hovering over them with their mouse
- All user-selected filters will persist within the following pages: Employee Directory, Employee Reviews, Active Tasks, and Files
- Calendar actions for subscribing, adding events, etc. have been rearranged to be more consistent with other top level actions within Kin
- All Calendar items now display full name of employee as well as new alignment for partial day events
- Employee Reviews listing page has a default sort based on Review status
- Files listing page has a default sort based on File last updated
- When providing bank account information within an Employee profile, it now supports alpha-numeric characters
- Employee profiles had previously been displaying duplicate custom data types
- Reviews had previously been able to be edited if a party had signed off previously
- Employees can no longer make a PTO request to a policy they were previously associated with
- A pre-existing employee first and last name can now be edited from their Profile page
- Fixed errors with validation preventing the exporting of PTO policies
- Fixed updating break time in a pre-existing PTO policy schedule
- Fixed issue of past invoices rendering within Billing & Payments
June 6, 2019
- Added the ability to change a category on a pre-existing file
- Time-off policy name now displays on Calendar if the policy itself has that option selected
- Updated the default selection of “Include break time” checkbox when requesting Time-off
- Updated validation ruleset on adding Compensation to an employee’s profile or when adding an employee
- Fixed the ability to choose a pre-existing file to share with an employee by clicking the checkbox to select a file
- Added the ability to specify a last day of employment when choosing Resigned or Leave of Absence from an employee’s Profile employment status select box
- Updated the label on creating a new employee note to be “Save changes”
- All large filter dropdown menus are now able to be scrolled vertically within their container that has a max-height assigned to them
- Employee end date now showing for Resigned, Terminated, and Leave of Absence
- A Reviewers final thoughts are now visible at all times regardless if an employee has signed off on the Review itself
- When saving edits made to an employees, you are now redirected to that employee’s objectives listing page
- Fixed back button link destination when backing out of editing an Employee’s bio
- When sorting by Due Date on the Active Tasks page, it should now display in the appropriate order
- Fixed default value for username on Employee profile if no username has been provided
May 30, 2019
- Updated how a time off requests interact with work schedules. When a user selects a policy from the drop-down it will set the start and end times for the selected date based on the policy’s work schedule by default
- Added the ability to add an employee to an existing PTO policy from their time off page
- Added the ability to remove or move an employee from a policy they are assigned to from their time off page
- Fixed the display of the time off reporting date filter drop-down
- Fixed calculation display when editing time off policy available balances
- Updated employee profile validation to support special language characters in names
- Added missing create task button to the onboarding tasks page
- Fixed the display of PTO messaging when a user requests time off to include break time and use the selected policy’s work schedule
- Fixed the display of PTO messaging for when a user requests less than 1 day off
- Fixed validation for PTO requests regarding start and end times
- Fixed an error which would appear when switching between countries on the common holidays page
- Fixed the display of the policies drop-down component for unlimited policy types when making a time off request
- Fixed the onboarding tasks assigned to drop-down component
- Fixed an error which would occur when displaying an employee’s profile
May 23, 2019
- Added the ability to cancel a pre-existing Time-off request.
- Added the ability for a HR Manager or Manager to notify an Employee of any changes they make to their profile, Time-off requests, Biography, and Objectives.
- Added the ability to toggle pending PTO requests and management on the Calendar.
- Fixed issue where users were having difficulties viewing the details of a PTO request.
- Fixed the display of Add Review from an employees Review page if they don’t have any pre-existing Reviews assigned to them.
- Fixed an issue when viewing an accrual chart on a PTO policy, it now correctly displays the appropriate “Days” or “Hours” unit amount within the tooltip.
May 20, 2019
- Employee list filtering for status, locations, work groups, management, etc.
- Employees no longer see Sign or Complete file after the file has been completed.
Kin Workplace Solutions, LLC.
© 2019. All rights reserved.