- Events that occurred on January 1st now display correctly within the Calendar
- Some users reported difficulties clicking Intercom
November 12, 2020
November 5, 2020
- All pre-existing Job Descriptions should now be available when updating a Profile page
October 29, 2020
- Some users reported issues regarding a null value being presented under “days since last review” in an in-progress Review.
- File configuration options while uploading a file directly on an Employee’s File page should now be available.
October 15, 2020
- Better wording to help explain how enable/disable works for template questions
- Fixed a validation issue that was impacting the ability to sign off on a review
October 8, 2020
- Better iconography while choosing a Review template while creating Reviews
- Managers no longer have access to Review templates
September 16, 2020
- Review meetings now show up within the calendar for both the Manager and Employee.
- HR Managers now have the ability to see an Employee’s SSN from their profile page.
- Some users who did not have a bio were seeing the word “null” instead of it being blank.
- Holidays listings for adding and updating custom holidays should now display correctly.
- Minor UI improvements to Management Information and Compensation within the Employee profile.
August 26, 2020
- Better display and formatting of Job Description descriptions
- Choosing to create a digital file from the empty state now pre-selects value on next step
- Choose policies within Exports now displays correctly while on multiple rows
- Drag and drop of Onboarding task order now successfully saves
August 25, 2020
- When an employee is resigned / terminated in Kin they should no longer show on the calendar
- Review meeting emails now include timezone
- Better formatting of Employee profile page
- Employee Objective emails now include Employee’s last initial
July 30, 2020
- When editing an existing Employee Note and share with a manager, the checkbox to share this with a manager will now remember your past selections.
July 9, 2020
- New filter to toggle archived employees/policies from Time-off Reports
- Carry over time has been added to Data Exports
- You can now edit or delete a comment from an Onboarding page
- Adding Time-off policies or Files to an employee that does not have them can now be done from their respective pages directly
July 1, 2020
- Fixed an issue in which configuring a PTO policy carry-over in days was always displaying in hours. This should now reflect the unit of measure chosen during configuration.
June 25, 2020
- When clicking a “please sign this file” task from an Onboarding page, it is now redirected to the file itself rather than the Tasks page.
June 11, 2020
- Personal email addresses are now included within Data Exports
- Employees are now able to be added to a pre-existing e-signature file
June 4, 2020
- Personal email addresses are now included within Data Exports
- When editing a Time-off request the original dates of the request are replaced within the Activity Feed. The original request information is now saved.
June 1, 2020
- When editing a pre-existing Time-off policy, any carry over time is now displayed on the review screen
- When filtering the new Calendar by “Only people I manage” should now properly display as such
- When editing a pre-existing Calendar event in which certain employees were selected, and then changing it to “all employees”, the event will be properly updated
May 21, 2020
- The Calendar has been completely redesigned. You can read more about it here.
- When selecting new values from a dropdown, the dropdown itself will now open with the pre-selected value in view.
May 14, 2020
- Instructions attached to Employee Reviews now recognize line breaks within all notification emails.
- Better messaging when moving a past time-off request into a time-off policy that isn’t active yet.
- After deleting an employee a manager type will now be redirected back to the employee list rather than their own profile.
April 30, 2020
- Issue regarding employee selection checkbox list not displaying correctly with Apple Safari.
- Sharing a pre-existing file through the Manage Company Files now allows you to properly share it with additional employees.
- When editing a pre-existing file, the toggle for completion requirement now visually represents state.
April 23, 2020
- Support for line-breaks within redesigned Reviews feedback, instructions, etc.
April 13, 2020
- Language tweaks to contextual menu within file upload pages.
- Employee compensation section within Profile now displays better on smaller screens.
- Updated iconography within Manage PTO.
- Clicking on a link to view employee files from search results while also viewing a different employee’s files will now properly take you to the requested page.
April 6, 2020
- Statuses for managers has been updated to provide more context within a review.
- Files listing page now loads quicker for larger data sets.
- Fixed an issue with filtering within Tasks. Previously if no results were available with active filters, all filters would display rather than none.
- Time-off reports will now return accurate historical data when choosing date range and individual policies.
- Information regarding how much your billing rate will be if on a per-user plan has been adjusted to reflect correct amount.
March 26, 2020
- Personal phone numbers are now included in Data Exports
March 24, 2020
- Print styles have been updated on a completed Review for better readability
- Tasks on overview page no longer include a bug in displaying Employee review language for each task
- Alignment issues on Login page with Google
- In-progress Reviews now display an employees correct PTO balance
March 9, 2020
- PTO balance adjustments now display more contextual information within activity feed
- Time-off reports now include any requests made by a terminated employee
- Inactivity timeout has been increased to two hours
- Typo on work schedules time formatting
February 12, 2020
- Calculations for accrual based PTO policies now display an available value that takes into account any pending or upcoming requests you may have
- Updated UI for creating and managing e-Signature documents
- Updated “Welcome to Kin” email
February 6, 2020
- Support for deep-links into Kin without providing any user information to do so
- All accordion items should now toggle open/closed properly
- Fetching timezones globally was causing issues silently
January 31, 2020
- Fixed an issue surrounding adding tasks to a saved but non-published Onboarding page.
- If a time-off request is created with notes, and then edited, the notes will no longer be removed.
- When viewing an individual employee objective, the back button will now properly take you to their objective list.
January 22, 2020
- Calculations for accrual policies that have work schedules longer than 8 hours in a work day should now properly accrue.
January 9, 2020
- In-progress and completed objectives should now be properly associated and assigned to a Review.
- Some users reported issues accepting an invite from a pre-existing company if they themselves already had a pre-existing account.
- Additional employees can now be successfully added to a pre-existing Calendar event.
- Sometimes editing and saving a pre-existing Employee Note did not save properly.
December 19, 2019
- Managers now have the ability to adjust the calculated unit of measure from hours or days within a Time-off policy
- Users can no longer accept invites using email addresses or usernames that exist in the company they’re attempting to join
- In some cases users had difficulties viewing custom fields within an Employee’s profile
December 12, 2019
- We have increased the amount of time allowed for larger file uploads across the entire application
- When creating a new employee the start date no longer has any restrictions for past dates
December 5, 2019
- When assigning Tasks to an Employee’s Onboarding page the accordion title now properly displays a count of pre-selected tasks
- When adding comments to a PTO request, rich-text characters are now properly rendered
- The helper callout for an account that does not currently have any Holidays now displays a single call to action to get started
November 21, 2019
- Logos provided on any associated Tool listed in Employee Onboarding or Tools view are now a bit larger in size.
- Adjustments to upload timestamps provided while uploading files.
- Issue regarding managing Employee PTO and utilizing links within sidebar
November 7, 2019
- Job Descriptions within the dropdown on the Employee Profile page are now alphabetized.
- All dates within an Activity Feed are no longer displayed in relative terms but rather the date of the activity itself.
- Fixed an issue where saving users to a specific sub-group was not properly saving.
- Similar issue while saving users to a Calendar event.
- Time-off reports now properly export based on filters selected.
October 31, 2019
- When approving or denying an employee’s time-off request the alert text now has better formatting.
- Added “Time-off” as filter category within the Calendar view.
- Employee review empty state now has proper adverbs in language.
- Manage Reviews empty state now has a better link to the Kin help center.
- Tools that do not have an image now receive a default icon.
- Removed all haunted bits of code.
- Sharing pre-existing files with a brand new employee that does not have files now works properly.
- Links for removing a pre-existing user from the HR Support role should now properly display.
- When editing a pre-existing company event from the Calendar, pre-existing employee selections are now displayed by default.
October 24, 2019
- Tools on an employee onboarding page now has better vertical spacing and alignment.
- Data exports time-off policies listings now come with a Select all button for easier management.
- Editing a time-off request on behalf of an employee and then hitting the Cancel button now routes you to the proper location.
- Time-off reports now display the correct unit of measurement for a corresponding time-off item based on what’s set within the policy.
- When adding multiple Reviews from multiple reviewers, you’re now properly able to select employees for each additional Reviewer.
- In-progress employee reviews now display proper empty language regarding a review section with no feedback.
October 18, 2019
- When editing a time-off policy that included decimal points in the time allowed it now allows you to properly save your edits.
- Time-off carry over values now properly display in their specified unit of measure (days or hours).
October 9, 2019
- Previously added birthdays can now be removed from your Profile.
- While setting up an Employee’s Onboarding tasks, each group can now be selected all/none independently.
- Viewing Employee PTO requests will no longer produce an error rendering the page.
- Additional instructions attached to an Employee’s Onboarding page will now properly display.
- Updating a pro-rated amount for an individual Employee’s PTO policy balance now properly saves.
October 3, 2019
- Better handling of users attempting to sign up using a previously cancelled account.
- You can now specify any category while creating a document that requires signatures.
- Better layout of some sections within an Employee Profile on screens with a smaller width.
- Review accruals now display correctly within the Time-off setup review page.
- Archived PTO requests are now viewable within the past time-off table on an Employees PTO page.
- Custom holiday creation now allows for selection of an individual policy.
September 26, 2019
- All login pages include tooltip with information about our background photos.
- Support for pre-defined 2020 Company Holidays.
- Most employee selections now only include employees with an Employment Status of “active”.
- Data Exports employee selection includes a Group by option for Employment Status.
- All preview onboarding buttons now display correctly within Safari.
- Onboarding tasks include the appropriate page title information.
September 19, 2019
- Managing categories for Files, Reviews, and Employee Notes can be done from each respective listing view.
- Categories can now be created while creating or editing an Employee note.
- Future Time-off requests for Time-off policies with an effective date within the future now display on an Employee Time-off page.
- Employee Onboarding pages now also highlight an Employee’s Manager.
- Time-off requests now show consistent timing within an Employee’s Time-off page.
- Editing a Time-off request that includes beak time will now properly save.
- Editing a Time-off request that includes carry over will now properly save.
- Filtering a Manage Review listing by Reviewer or Employee now properly toggles based on filtering.
- When editing a Calendar event the time associated to the saved event will now properly display.
- Employee’s can no longer see a link to edit an Active Task.
- HR Managers are now able to remove certain Employees’ from the Manage Roles page.
- While configuring a PTO policy, leaving a carry over amount value blank will now register as an unlimited amount.
September 12, 2019
- Employee Bio has been updated to display start date rather than relative language around when they started in the past.
- A past Time-off request on the Time-off overview page will now link to the appropriate edit or view page.
- Global search should now ignore a wide range of additional function keys
September 9, 2019
- Upcoming Events within the Today view has been updated to include all types of events as well as the ability to view events within Today, 7 days, and 30 days.
- Time-off page has been updated to include all upcoming as well as all past Time-off requests that a user has ever made.
- Employee Review default filters have been updated to no longer contain “Not Started” filtering.
- Any in-progress Objectives present during an Employee Review will remain listed regardless of status once the Review has been signed off by both parties.
- Time-off Reports now includes a “total” per each segmented grouping of data.
- API signups now include better error messaging.
- Managing Company Holidays has now been condensed into a single cohesive layout for both Common Holidays and Custom Holidays.
- Employee Milestones and Birthdays were incorrectly displaying one day off within the Calendar.
- Search results now return additional Employee listing options for Managers.
- Date of Birth is no longer required to add an Employee.
- If a user does not have an avatar, it will now properly display their initials within the sidebar.
- Clicking the files link to an individual employee result within Search will now take you to their Files listing page.
- Time-off policies can no longer be created without providing a work schedule.
- A user can now request Time-off on a policy that is still within a waiting period.
- A recently added Employee’s information now remains editable until the invite has been accepted and account has been setup by the Employee.
August 15, 2019
- Better field validation for first and last name within a users Profile.
- Employee PTO requests that are currently denied will no longer automatically approve upon edit.
- Groups of information on an Employee’s profile now display an indication of optional if all associated fields within the group are not required.
- When sorting the Share pre-existing files listing by category, they now properly sort by category.
- Calendar events with longer titles and start times that started in double digits had difficulties displaying on a single line.
- When creating a PTO policy and adding an effective date, the calendar had previously partially displayed off-screen.
- All errors regarding submission of Billing information now properly notify the user of any issues regarding their info.
August 8, 2019
- Added new notifications when form validation errors are present within an accordion item.
- Validation rules on Profile have been relaxed to allow for more flexible info.
- Bank account info within a Profile now allow for commas.
- Employee notes now have an option to be shared with the Employee’s manager or be kept private.
- You can now edit the time-off waiting period on a pre-existing policy.
- Employees can now see their rate of accrual for a PTO policy that has a waiting period.
- Time-off reports now include a “total” tally for some report tables.
- When a manager-type is viewing an Employee’s review page, they no longer have the option to filter by “Not Started”.
- When sorting shared employees from a File detail page, if no employees are present for a certain sort, the options to continue sorting will remain visible.
- When signing off on a Review as a reviewer, if you provide Final thoughts, they will now properly save.
- While updating or creating onboarding tasks, they now have proper optional due date fields.
- Manager types can now properly replace a pre-existing File.
- You can now filter the Calendar to only show employees you are a manager of.
- Move and Remove links for an Employee’s PTO policy are now only visible for HR Managers and Account Owners.
- Time-off events spanning longer than a calendar month will now properly display the entire range of time within the Calendar.
August 1, 2019
- Quick-tip within search results about being able to search without typing into the search field itself.
- Color contrast of UI elements has been updated site wide
- When saving data within Custom data types within a user’s profile, the order in which the data was provided will save as well
- Manager-types can now deselect a manager from a Employee’s profile
- Social media links can now be successfully removed from a Employee’s profile
- Avatar can now be successfully deleted
- Only certain types of users now have the ability to remove a compensation item from an Employee’s profile
- Employee notes and note categories can now be successfully created and updated without errors
- Reviews can now be signed on a mobile device
- When manager-types are viewing an Employee’s Review’s listing page, they’ll no longer be presented with the ability to sort by “Not Started” as a status
July 24, 2019
- New Kin is finally live!
- This What’s New page. #Kinception
- HR Managers can now view both Account Owners as well as other HR Managers from the Manage Roles page
- Review categories now display for all employee Reviews listing pages
- Better redirection when editing employee objectives
- Task detail pages properly display longer titles on multiple lines
- Minor inconsistencies when running certain types of reports from the Time-off reports page
- Profile address fields now accept a wider range of character inputs
- Employee Time-off requests will now properly display the unit in which their associated PTO policy is configured as
- Manager-types can now have Reviews created for them regarding any employee
- Updated categories saved to notes will now properly save
July 18, 2019
- Page titles no longer overlap primary content. When visiting a page with a title once you are no longer at the top of the page, the title will auto hide
- While saving an onboarding page you can now preview it instantly
- Creating an Active Task now has support for an optional due date
- Manager types are no longer required to have an HR Manager assigned to them within their Profile
- An HR Manager can now sign off on their own Review
- Files listing pages now include a new sortable Category column
- When searching for employees while viewing another employee, the page should now properly navigate you to the search result
- Generating a time-off balances report now functions without the need for a start date
- Inital comments or questions on an Onboarding page are now properly saved and can be accessed by an Onboarding page itself
- Various minor UI improvements
July 11, 2019
- Any unsaved info added to a Review is remembered if a user is logged out due to inactivity or navigates away from the page
- Employee anniversary date is now visible in their Profile
- Employees can now access their Onboarding page at that time from the sidebar
- A new user’s email address can be updated prior to sending an invite to Kin
- Sorting by category within the Files directory will also sort based on numeric values
- Special characters can now be used within address files in a Profile
- Making edits now properly save on a PTO request that is pending
- Onboarding tasks prior to a new employee’s start date display the correct dates in the past
- When sharing a file with an employee, you can now properly choose a new category before sharing
June 27, 2019
- Filtering of list-type layouts is now remembered across sessions. No longer will these reset once you log out.
- Searching Kin can now be done by typing anywhere within the application.
- Our global action menu now includes both management and personal actions within one menu for all manager-type user accounts.
- Added clarifications regarding Custom Data Types and their visibility.
- Manager-types can now edit an employees email address prior to sending them an invite.
- When configuring a PTO policy we now properly denote “max number of days/hours allowed” based on the unit in which your policy is configured to use.
- Time-off Reports now proplerly filters based on a date range.
- Calendar subscriptions for iCal, Google, etc. now properly filter based on your search.
- Fixed an issue when selecting employees to share a pre-existing file.
- When a manager is entering Time-off on behalf of an employee, it will not longer display a pop-up for manager approval.
June 20, 2019
- Objectives now have a new cohesive page to manage directly as well as provide any updates within the same page
- Objectives listing page includes a status column
- Active Tasks listing page contains new Status filter menu rather than a tabbed navigation
- Employee Reviews listing page contains new Status filter menu rather than a tabbed navigation
- All page filter menus now have a visual indication of applied default filters
- Page filter menus will also auto-hide once a user is no longer hovering over them with their mouse
- All user-selected filters will persist within the following pages: Employee Directory, Employee Reviews, Active Tasks, and Files
- Calendar actions for subscribing, adding events, etc. have been rearranged to be more consistent with other top level actions within Kin
- All Calendar items now display full name of employee as well as new alignment for partial day events
- Employee Reviews listing page has a default sort based on Review status
- Files listing page has a default sort based on File last updated
- When providing bank account information within an Employee profile, it now supports alpha-numeric characters
- Employee profiles had previously been displaying duplicate custom data types
- Reviews had previously been able to be edited if a party had signed off previously
- Employees can no longer make a PTO request to a policy they were previously associated with
- A pre-existing employee first and last name can now be edited from their Profile page
- Fixed errors with validation preventing the exporting of PTO policies
- Fixed updating break time in a pre-existing PTO policy schedule
- Fixed issue of past invoices rendering within Billing & Payments
June 6, 2019
- Added the ability to change a category on a pre-existing file
- Time-off policy name now displays on Calendar if the policy itself has that option selected
- Updated the default selection of “Include break time” checkbox when requesting Time-off
- Updated validation ruleset on adding Compensation to an employee’s profile or when adding an employee
- Fixed the ability to choose a pre-existing file to share with an employee by clicking the checkbox to select a file
- Added the ability to specify a last day of employment when choosing Resigned or Leave of Absence from an employee’s Profile employment status select box
- Updated the label on creating a new employee note to be “Save changes”
- All large filter dropdown menus are now able to be scrolled vertically within their container that has a max-height assigned to them
- Employee end date now showing for Resigned, Terminated, and Leave of Absence
- A Reviewers final thoughts are now visible at all times regardless if an employee has signed off on the Review itself
- When saving edits made to an employees, you are now redirected to that employee’s objectives listing page
- Fixed back button link destination when backing out of editing an Employee’s bio
- When sorting by Due Date on the Active Tasks page, it should now display in the appropriate order
- Fixed default value for username on Employee profile if no username has been provided
May 30, 2019
- Updated how a time off requests interact with work schedules. When a user selects a policy from the drop-down it will set the start and end times for the selected date based on the policy’s work schedule by default
- Added the ability to add an employee to an existing PTO policy from their time off page
- Added the ability to remove or move an employee from a policy they are assigned to from their time off page
- Fixed the display of the time off reporting date filter drop-down
- Fixed calculation display when editing time off policy available balances
- Updated employee profile validation to support special language characters in names
- Added missing create task button to the onboarding tasks page
- Fixed the display of PTO messaging when a user requests time off to include break time and use the selected policy’s work schedule
- Fixed the display of PTO messaging for when a user requests less than 1 day off
- Fixed validation for PTO requests regarding start and end times
- Fixed an error which would appear when switching between countries on the common holidays page
- Fixed the display of the policies drop-down component for unlimited policy types when making a time off request
- Fixed the onboarding tasks assigned to drop-down component
- Fixed an error which would occur when displaying an employee’s profile
May 23, 2019
- Added the ability to cancel a pre-existing Time-off request.
- Added the ability for a HR Manager or Manager to notify an Employee of any changes they make to their profile, Time-off requests, Biography, and Objectives.
- Added the ability to toggle pending PTO requests and management on the Calendar.
- Fixed issue where users were having difficulties viewing the details of a PTO request.
- Fixed the display of Add Review from an employees Review page if they don’t have any pre-existing Reviews assigned to them.
- Fixed an issue when viewing an accrual chart on a PTO policy, it now correctly displays the appropriate “Days” or “Hours” unit amount within the tooltip.
May 20, 2019
- Employee list filtering for status, locations, work groups, management, etc.
- Employees no longer see Sign or Complete file after the file has been completed.
Kin Workplace Solutions, LLC.
© 2020. All rights reserved.