We need someone to contribute to Kin’s outbound sales program. We’re seeking to broaden our reach into the sub-100 employee economy, and you’ll be finding and initiating contact with these companies around the US.
More than a salesperson, you’re carrying the torch to the swath of small businesses that haven’t found Kin yet. Sometimes they don’t know the problems they’re experiencing. Other times they’re well aware. Your job is to educate them, show them some techniques, and then demonstrate how Kin can elevate their workplace.
Objectives of the job
- Begin list generation for a single industry vertical
- Learn Kin inside out, our product roadmap, and our current customer roster.
- Write your opening pitch, write your closing pitch. Rehearse it. Now put it to the test with the Kin team.
- Work with team to learn communication cadence between opening email, demo, education/consultation, and closing.
- Put it to the test. Start hitting your list, and sharing results with the team.
- Continue with list generation of first vertical.
- Begin list generation of second vertical, and tweak your scripts to fit the new market.
- You’re now working two distinct verticals, closing 15-20 accounts per month of between 30-100 employees.
- Ongoing maintenance and evaluation of lists
Month 4 and beyond
You’re humming along, and provided you’re successful, we’ll take some measurements to see how much more to expand your role and outbound sales in general for our team.
What is Kin?
Kin is a hosted HR management app used by small companies to manage employee data and files, time-off, and new hire onboarding. Our mission is to make HR managers more efficient, and to delight employees with a fresh, simple interface to their workplace.
- You are a starter, and a closer. We’ll work the in-betweens to provide the product support you need.
- You’re an excellent writer.
- You’ll need to adopt to the tone and culture of the Kin product. This is not cold sales by numbers. It’s teaching, persistence, and enlightenment.
- You’ll need to pull your own call/email lists.
- You’ll report directly to our Director of Client Management.
About the job
- This is a base salary plus commission job.
- You don’t need to be in Chicago. We’re happy to set you up to succeed wherever you are. You do, however, need to be in the United States and able to work here.
Interested in applying?
Below are three things we’d like you to do. Wrap them all up in an email and send them to Let.Me.In@KinHR.com.
- Tell us about your sales approach, and your past successes.
- Tell us your story, and how you think your experience will benefit Kin.
- Send along your résumé with 2 references.